On-Air: Starting 12 July 2018
Network: Fuji TV
No. of Episodes: TBA
Runtime: Thursdays, 10pm
Screenwriters: Tokunaga, Yuuichi, Ohkita Haruka
Producers: Fujino Ryota, Kinjo Ayaka
Directors: Kanai Hiro, Aizawa Hideyuki
Theme song: “Hikari” by androp
Official site: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/gooddoctor/
Official twitter: @GoodDoctor2018
Yamazaki Kento plays Shindou Minato who is autistic but has exceptional memory recall and spatial reasoning abilities. Since young, his dream was to become a pediatric surgeon. As a resident, he enters the world of pediatric surgery and fights to save the lives of children while facing prejudice from the people around. The story is based on a Korean drama series broadcasted in 2013, that has also been remade as a drama series in America last year.
Yamazaki Kento as Shindou Minato
Ueno Juri as Seto Natsumi
Fujiki Naohito as Takayama Seiji
Yotsuya Shigeyuji as Mamiya Keisuke
Nakamura Yuri as Watanabe Michi
Hamano Kenta as Hashiguchi Taro
Itao Itsuji as Inokuchi Ryunosuke
Emoto Akira as Shiga Akira
Episode ratings (Kanto):
- 12 July, 2018 – Ep1 @ 11.5%
- The official announcement was made on 26 May, 2018
- This is Kento’s first lead role in a Fuji TV drama, and the first time he plays a doctor.
- Producer Fujino Ryota has worked with Kento on Suikyuu Yankees, Sukina Hito ga Iru Koto and the Galaxy CM series prior to this drama.
- This is the first time Kento acts opposite Ueno Juri and Fujiki Naohito.
- The first episode will be extended by 15mins.
- The drama will be aired every Saturday on WakuWaku Japan (in several countries across Asia) starting 21 July, almost simultaneously with the Japanese broadcast.
1 min. ver. & Minato ver. trailers:
Fuji TV drama 『Good Doctor』
Episode 1 airs 12 July 2018 pic.twitter.com/xA2QUXfnIh
— 山﨑賢人 (@yamazakikentojp) July 3, 2018
🐸 新堂湊 Ver. 🐸
— 【公式】木曜劇場「グッド・ドクター」《第2話は7/19(木)放送！》 (@GoodDoctor2018) July 6, 2018
English subbed version (by Fuji TV Official):
Completion Screening 8 July, 2018:
Offshots & behind-the-scenes:
English subs here.
⊛ Search posts tagged as: good doctor